Our Vision, Mission, Values, & Beliefs
Below is our guiding Vision, Mission, Values, and Beliefs for Webster. As we build our school community, we will continue to refine these guiding elements. We will create our culture together, striving to be consciously present each day so that our actions exemplify these foundations.
Vision: Every child is courageous, inquisitive, engaged, growth-minded, persistent, conscientious, caring, autonomous, and self-aware.
Mission: As a part of a collaborative community, students will engage in learning that:
- is integral to living fulfilled social, emotional, and academic lives in the here and now;
- connects students with their local and broader communities and creates a school that is an integral part of the community;
- challenges them to think critically, creatively, empathically, and through various lenses;
- involves students in problem-solving for themselves and their community;
- integrates various media and opportunities to utilize and improve their communication skills;
- honors their passions and skills, as well as meeting and exceeding the state standards;
- is life--needed, wanted, challenging, logistical, civic, productive, active, innovative--boundless.
- Honor the Individual: embrace each person with unique gifts and abilities to be shared, supported, and celebrated.
- Cultivate Success: engage in teamwork, individual work, collaboration, and collaborative leadership while embracing a growth mindset.
- Live with Integrity: be trustworthy, honest, and maintain the courage to uphold our values and beliefs, and work to make our mission a reality.
- Do What it Takes: be positive and constructive, engaging in hard work, maintaining a solution-oriented attitude.
- Act with Compassion: work to understand others, forgive self and others, welcome and learn from various viewpoints.
Belief Statements: We believe . . .
- that all students can learn and must be provided the support and opportunities to engage in meaningful, challenging work.
- that all of us have the power to be changemakers.
- that we must model and instill a growth mindset so that students can reach their maximum potential.
- that our diversity brings depth and richness to our lives, that it must be honored and celebrated, and that it is our duty to uphold the dignity of each and every person in our community.
- that we must build a community where all voices are welcomed and heard, where collaboration is valued, and where mistakes and failures are embraced as opportunities for further learning.
- we must develop and deliver a curriculum that engages the intellect, as well as the creative, social, emotional, and cultural lives of our students.