Sneak Peek of the Week
Week 3: September 12-16
Last week we had a blast listening to stories in the media center during Literacy Lab. We'll continue to listen to stories and choose books to read this week. On Friday, we had our first project in the Project Lab! Students created their own Rainbow Fish, after listening to and talking about the story.
Here are some of our goals for the second week:
1. The class will work together to formulate and agree upon a set of classroom rules.
2. Children will work in small groups as well as individually, in pairs, and in the whole group.
3. Games and group initiatives, including debriefing and reflection time, will occur regularly.
4. Children will regularly work, play, and socialize in structured, teacher-supervised activities with a range of classmates.
5. Students will get to know the classroom library and work on their reading stamina each day.
6. Students and teacher will name and share their “Hopes and Dreams” for the school year.
7. Students will generate ideas and procedures for using basic tools and materials for reading, math, art, and writing, and will explore their use in open-ended activities and guided discoveries.
In addition to the goals listed above, we'll continue to practice routines in the classroom as well as shared spaces (playground, dining hall, halllways, etc).
-Students will begin to type in their six digit lunch code for school lunch. Please see your child's lunch code in the folder and practice at home!
-Our first field trip is coming up soon! We will tour Apple Jacks Orchards on September 29th. Please look for the permission slip this week for more information. If you're interested in volunteering, please let me know in an e-mail.
-Thank you for donating snacks to our classroom! If you haven't donated yet and would like to, please see the snack letter for more details! http://webster.up.mpsedu.org/snack
That’s all of the news for now!
425 5th St. NE. | Minneapolis, MN 55413